The summit aims to explore, innovate, and collaborate on building an inclusive and sustainable tourism industry across Africa.
The event will have more than 20 speakers and panelists that will facilitate an interactive day of discussion and networking around the role of tourism and technology in driving continued inclusive and sustainable economic empowerment and growth across the continent.
Patricia de Lille, Minister of Tourism, will take the stage for the welcome note, alongside other notable thought leaders, including:
- Bankole Oluwafemi, Founder of TechCabal
- Juliette Langlais, Airbnb’s Director of Public Policy and Campaigns for Europe, Middle East and Africa; and
- Anita Mendiratta, Global Strategic Advisor on Tourism & Development.
The programme will include interactive participation, networking opportunities, and experiential elements through curated panel discussions, ChangeMaker sessions, and case study presentations, including:
- ChangeMaker Presentation: the transformative power of technology in Africa, led by Bankole Oluwafemi, TechCabal.
- Fireside Chat: building inclusivity in travel, with Bheki Dube from Curiocity and Phakamile Hlazo from Zulu Nomad.
- Panel: regulating new technologies, centred on how policy makers and tech companies can collaborate to ensure evidence-based decision making; moderated by Sofia Gkiousou, Google.